Thursday, February 2, 2012

Socks and rocks. And joyful artwork.

This morning I have some time off.  I pulled out the cuff of a second sock.  And I found a rock...

 I am considering the "Trust God" rock an unintentional gift from our sweet daughter.  (She has been using the happy whiskered cat as her logo lately.)  

Our kids often come home from children's worship with rocks.  Here is a sample from our pile:


I am taking the sock as a gift this morning, too, because it is teaching me to be patient with imperfection.  The yarn, Intention Yarns  fingering weight in the "Faith" colorway, is not my favorite to knit with  --- it is splitty and the fabric it produces feels a little scratchy.  But then there is the quote from Mother Teresa on the inside of the ballband:




"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls."  All from Him.

Somewhat unrelated...  a piece of joyful artwork from our little one.


Basketball is getting to be a "thing" over here!

No comments: